Sunday, August 15, 2010

Show Hope

Last April, I ran my first 1/2 marathon in Nashville!  I guess I never really blogged about it (you can read my thoughts on the race here), but it was an amazing experience!  I ran in memory of my dad for the charity Show Hope.  Show Hope provides grants for those trying to adopt, and they also have a special place called Maria's Big House of Hope to provide medical attention and surgeries for orphans.

Steven Curtis and Mary Beth Chapman began Show Hope after adopting three little girls from China (you can read more about it here).  After a tragic accident took the life of one of the little girls, Mary Beth has written a book entitled Choosing to See (soon to be released) on the struggle and hope of that experience.  If you pre-order this book by August 17th through FamilyChristian.com (search for Choosing to See), two dollars from every sale will go to support the operating expenses of Maria's Big House of Hope.  You'll also receive a special CD with two songs from Steven Curtis Chapman's latest release Beauty Will Rise.

This is a great way to support a wonderful charity!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Lisa~ said...

wow i'd love to be a runner. And what a great cause too (= Congrats on running your first half marathon.

August 16, 2010 at 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home