Friday, August 5, 2011

Idea and Activity Organization: Index Cards to the Rescue!

I have a confession. 

I struggle with brain clutter!

I have too many ideas.  I write them on pieces of paper.  I lose the paper (and I can't find it when I want it).  It drives me insane!


So, I came up with this simple idea.  Whenever I have an idea for an activity for the girls, I write it on a colored index card.  I place it in an index card holder, and when I'm planning or looking for something to do, I can pull out the cards with all my ideas on them!

I've also listed every learning activity we have on white index cards.  When I want to plan which ones to use, I just pull out eight to ten activities and get them ready for the next week.  Then, I move those cards to the back, and we have a fresh rotation the next week!

I can't say my mind is completely uncluttered, but it's helping!!  And I remember to utilize the activities we have that I sometimes forget about! 

*On a side note, I've also found Pinterest helpful in organizing ideas, but sometimes I just need a break from the computer!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mercedes said...

These is a great idea. Since all the school stuff is on sale I think I am going to get myself a note card holder. Thank you!

August 5, 2011 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger Radtkecustoms said...

Been thinking about this all weekend. Realizing that it's just going to be me and the 3yo at home all day this next school year, I may have to put this one into action. She is going to keep me hopping even more than I am now with her.

August 8, 2011 at 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home