Friday, July 22, 2011

Gabby Moms Review: Godly Womanhood: The 5 R's for Homeschool Moms

As part of the Gabby Moms program, I have the opportunity to review products every month.  Lately, I've been feeling slightly overwhelmed with all of the things I need to get done in blogging and *real* life, so I decided I shouldn't be part of the program anymore.

Well...let's just say, God started convicting me that I needed to finish my commitment -- and do what I said I would do.


So, I downloaded the Godly Womandhood:  5Rs for Homeschool Moms pack to review.  And I'm glad I did!  The bundle includes 5 MP3 messages -- and also PDF printables to accompany each lesson.

The first session was entitled Refresh! 

What a very humbling and timely message!  It was all about taking time to learn God's Word, pray, and just spend time with God.  In our *instant* culture, where we want everything quickly, it's not always easy to keep our priorities straight.  As moms with little ones, it is often a challenge (at least for me) to spend time a lot of time with God -- but really it is a matter of giving God the firstfruits of our time!

Although convicting, it was also encouraging.  There were ideas for Bible Study, memorization, and prayer. 

The 2nd lesson was entitled Rekindle!

The author, Lorrie Flem, moved from our relationship with God to our relationship with our husband.  Some of the topics of the message and book are romance, intimacy, setting the mood, and taking time (with a special acronym) for each other.

I feel like this is a pretty strong area of my life right now, but I was able to glean a few new ideas!  Good marriages take a lot of work, so I try to do everything I can to learn and grow!

You can find the 5Rs Bundle over at Eternal Encouragement.

By the way, the Gabby Moms program is currently accepting applications, so if you have a blog and you're interested, you can find out more here.

*Disclosure:  I did receive the 5Rs Bundle for review, but all opinions and thoughts are my own!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Cindy said...

Thanks for sticking with us....yes, it is overwhelming at times to get it all done. The Gabby Moms and Eternal Encouragement desire to be a blessing NOT an added burden :)
Nice, to the point, review.
Cindy

July 22, 2011 at 12:07 PM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

It's amazing the blessings God sends us, isn't it? Many times He has used the material we've been sent to review to speak to me, specifically on two different things over and over and over. ;)

August 3, 2011 at 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home