Monday, August 1, 2011

Organization Week: My Craft Storage Closet


Welcome to Organization Week at The Amazing Mess!

I have to admit...I was planning to take you on a little video tour this afternoon, but my plans were changed! My friend, Donna, very generously gave me two big boxes of craft supplies, so I'm sorting and rearranging. And it is terribly unorganized at this point! NO VIDEO ALLOWED!! :)

So, I'm just going to show you my craft closet today. We inherited this wardrobe at our previous house (the owners didn't want to move it, so they just left it). Though nothing fancy, it has worked well for us. I'm currently using it for storage and also as a room divider to separate our family room and school room!

Inside Our Craft Closet
My very favorite way to organize our craft supplies is with plastic shoeboxes. I have acquired these over the years, but they are perfect for so many items! They also stack neatly and you can store them in a variety of places.

We use them for:
  • Markers
  • Crayons
  • Glue
  • Stickers
  • Ballooning
  • Math games
  • Flashcards/notecards
  • Stamping
  • Misc.
  • Pipe cleaners/pom-poms
  • Fun foam/felt
  • Paint
  • Modeling clay
  • Glitter and glitter glue
  • Play-doh
  • Cookie Cutters
  • Books on tape (yes, we still have some cassette tapes!!)

There are a few other storage containers I use, too:
  • Popcorn tins
  • Wipes containers
  • School supply boxes
  • Random packaging (plastic jars, strawberry containers, etc)
  • Shower caddy
  • Plastic bags (I hang them with a skirt hanger)

You can see, I also have my trusty laminator (yes, I'm crazy about it), tons of games, our favorite cardboard blocks, learning baskets (well, boxes and bags!), and random craft supplies!

How do you store your craft supplies?!!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenae said...

YOU ARE SO ORGANIZED! If only you saw my random craft stuff scattered everywhere. :)

I love my laminator too.

August 1, 2011 at 2:01 PM  
Anonymous Stacie said...

Ha, ha, Jenae...the only trick is getting it to stay this way!! :) It has been working pretty well1!

August 1, 2011 at 2:29 PM  
Blogger Mercedes said...

I love your organization and I wish I had it! Oh my laminator is almost as awesome as a label maker.

August 1, 2011 at 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home