Sunday, August 29, 2010

Book Review: Let's Do Lunch by Roger Troy Wilson

As someone who has struggled with my weight off and on for years (and especially after my three pregnancies), I was excited to receive a copy of Roger Troy Wilson's Let's Do Lunch: Eating all the Calories and Carbs You Want to Lose Weight.  My excitement was short-lived, however, after I started reading the book.  While I enjoyed and was encouraged by Mr. Wilson's personal weight-loss story, I quickly realized I would not be able to follow this diet plan!

Let's Do Lunch: Eating all the Calories and Carbs you want to lose weight!The title is a little misleading I think.  The plan includes a lot of fruit, corn, peas, and beans, but other carbs like pasta, rice, and potatoes are off-limits.  Nuts (except soy nuts) and chocolate are also a no-no.  I felt like the diet was really just based on trial and error.  If it worked for him and he lost weight doing it, then it must be the right way to do it.  With that said, I do think you will lose weight if you follow the diet -- mainly because the foods you are eating are low calorie and filled with fiber.

While there were things I did not like about this book, I found a few things to like.  I did like his suggestion to eat your largest meal at lunch.  It makes a lot of sense to fuel your body early on in the day when it needs it and not in the evening when it doesn't need it!  I also liked his advice to eat as much unprocessed food as possible and avoid sugar (except naturally occuring in fruit).  Also, the recipes look good, and I'm excited to try some of them.

If you like fruit, and you want to try another diet plan, this might be the book for you!  As for myself, except for the recipes, I think I'll skip it.  I know I couldn't last more than a day on this diet (chocolate, chocolate, I need chocolate)!

Disclaimer:  This book was provided for free by Thomas Nelson Publishers in exchange for my non-biased review.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home