Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday Savings: Early Christmas Shopping

I like to frequent hometown businesses when possible, but sometimes a bargain comes along on-line I just can't pass up!  I love sharing deals with friends, and I've become a rather "crazy coupon lady" (yes, that's me you see in the grocery store with the binder full of coupons).  In that spirit, I would like to introduce a new feature:  Saturday Savings!  This is my attempt to share some of the best bargains I've found or read about on-line throughout the week!

Shhh!!  Can you keep a secret from my mom and in-laws?  I just ordered a few things from Current Catalog for Grandparent's Day on Sept. 9th!  I also picked up part of the grandparent's Christmas present.  Every year, I like to make a special calendar for them.  Unfortunately, I'm not very good at scrapbooking, but these calendars are fun, easy to fill, and have a scrapbook look.  I print out photos from the last year, cut, and paste, and they make such a sweet gift.  Right now, you can buy two or more calendars from Current and receive a discount.  They also have many great gift ideas, address labels, cards, checks, and more! 

As an added bonus, Current is offering six free Christmas cards (several available styles) personalized with your photo or 8 bookmarks with your purchase (make sure to read the details on the website).  I made bookmarks for my oldest daughter for her Christmas stocking!

Click on this link to receive 10% off & FREE Shipping with your $40 order at CurrentCatalog.com.

You can also shop through Shop-at-Home and earn $5 when you sign up plus 5% cashback when you order from Current Catalog.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I usually order my Melissa and Doug toys through Amazon, but they have some good deals on their own website MelissaAndDoug.com!  Click shop and then scroll down to specials.  They have an adorable, fully-furnished dollhouse for 35% off right now (I'm thinking of three little girls who would love a dollhouse for Christmas)!  There is also an activity cart and other toys on special.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
LeapFrog - Letter FactoryFinally, Amazon has a good deal on LeapFrog - Letter Factory and LeapFrog - Talking Words Factory for $7.99 each (47% off list price). My oldest daughter loved the Letter Factory DVD when she was younger, and I'm convinced she learned her letter sounds so quickly because of it (and the catchy, if not slightly irritating song)! Be aware that Amazon's prices change frequently, so I can't guarantee it will still be at this price! There is also a $4 credit for movies and TV shows from Amazon Video On-Demand when you order the DVD (check under special offers on the product page for more information).


Let me know if you like or dislike this feature! I know there are many deal blogs out there that are much more thorough, but I'm not attempting to be one of them. I just thought maybe one dedicated post on the weekend would satisfy my desire to share good deals I find for moms, families, and kids!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home