Friday, August 20, 2010

Sweeping with a Preschooler

This simple trick makes sweeping fun for a small child!

You need:
Small broom or hand-held broom
Chalk

1)  Draw a chalk-circle on the floor in the room you want your child to sweep.

2)  Show her how to sweep the dirt into the circle. 

You and I know how to sweep dirt into a pile, but your child may have no idea what to do!  Considering things from your child's point-of-view can be quite helpful when teaching them to do chores!

I adapted this idea from Mommy, Teach Me by Barbara Curtis!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great idea!

August 20, 2010 at 7:39 AM  
Blogger Rachel Cotterill said...

Now why is that not still fun for adults? I wish I could enjoy sweeping the floor! ;)

August 23, 2010 at 2:24 AM  
Blogger Stacie said...

Rachel -- I wish I knew!!! I would love to have as much fun sweeping as the girls seem to have!

August 23, 2010 at 7:39 AM  
Blogger Jackie Higgins said...

Smart. It's so hard to explain ideas that aren't concrete to preschoolers. this gives them more understanding of what to do, plus it probably makes it feel like a game. Maybe I should draw a circle for myself for more fun ;)

September 1, 2010 at 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home