Friday, December 9, 2011

Gingerbread Man Hunt

I did this once with a kindergarten class (it was a hit!), so I decided to try it with my girls.  We've done it several times....and they just love it!

Supplies:
Gingerbread house


1)  Make your favorite gingerbread cookies (this is our milk and egg-free version).  Put them in the oven.  Distract the kids, so they won't be around when the cookies finish baking.



2)  Put the gingerbread house near the door to "catch" the little gingerbread men or women that might run away.  Once the cookies finish cooking and have cooled a little bit, hide one (or a pan-full) in the house!  I usually hide the pan somewhere, too.




3)  Scream with surprise that the gingerbread man isn't in the oven.  He must have escaped!!  Go on a gingerbread man hunt!


We have done several variations of this.  Every year, the girls love it!  One time I left just half of the gingerbread man and pretended our dog must have eaten part of it.  Another year, we made one of the gingerbread cut-outs into a "running" gingerbread man.  Of course, he ran away and we never found him!  Have fun!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth K said...

This was great! My 5 year old son and 2 year old daughter enjoyed making, decorating and finding the gingerbread men. I did not have a "house" but used a Tupperware container. Great recipe too--used butter since that is what we have on hand. I also chilled the dough. These are cake like and taste great. Thank you for posting!

December 16, 2011 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger Stacie said...

Oh, I'm so glad you had fun! I think they are pretty yummy cookies! :)

December 16, 2011 at 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home