Friday, October 29, 2010

Personalized Color Book

I've shared before that I'm always on the look-out for free and inexpensive photo books.  Not only can you use them to make gifts for grandparents, but they make wonderful learning tools as well!  Colors, numbers, shapes, and various other themes can be incorporated into a photo book.

My youngest daughter is currently having a challenging time remembering her colors, so I decided to make her a special "Color" book.  She absolutely loves it!

To make this book, I selected photos from the past year with a dominant color in them and grouped them in the photo book.  I added colored backgrounds, color names, and picked out a bright cover.  Voila!  A personalized color book!!

Not only does my daughter enjoy pointing to the colors and looking through the photos, she is pretty fascinated with the idea that it is her special book!  Personalizing the information will (hopefully) lead to greater retention!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

What a fabulous idea! Especially since these books really aren't all that expensive to make!

October 29, 2010 at 6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home