Monday, June 21, 2010

Shadow Guessing Game (or Basic Table Setting Placemat)

With our focus on the sun last week, I thought we'd look at shadows this week.  This is an easy shadow guessing game to make. 

You need:
Construction paper
Household objects (like a key, fork, spoon, pencil, tape dispenser, etc.)

1)  Take the construction paper outside on a sunny day.  Place the objects on the paper and leave them for a few hours.

2)  Take off the objects, give them to your child, and see if they can match the shadow with the object!

Another idea is to make a placemat.  I have been teaching the girls how to set the table.  I thought this would make a great placemat to show them a basic plate setting.  I'm going to laminate mine for durability!

abc button

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kara said...

I like the idea of turning these into placemats- so cute! I found you through ABC and 123- thanks for sharing!

-Kara
http://littlelearnerslounge.blogspot.com/

June 22, 2010 at 6:40 PM  
Blogger Aiming4Simple said...

This is such a neat idea! I am adding construction paper to my shopping list this week!

June 22, 2010 at 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home