Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter Egg Fruit Pizza

We made this fruit pizza for our Thursday morning playgroup.  It went quickly!!  My husband was quite sad when he came home for lunch, because it was all gone!!

Ingredients:
Sugar cookie dough
1 package cream cheese

1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
Various fruits



1)  Roll out your favorite sugar cookie dough in an egg shape (I like to make my own, but sometimes because of time constraints, I'll just buy a roll or two depending on how many I plan to feed).  Follow the baking instructions for your recipe or dough.  Cool.  DO NOT try to put the cream cheese mixture on while still warm!!! :)

2)  Mix one package of cream cheese, sugar, and almond or vanilla extract with a mixer.  Spread over your cookie (this recipe makes enough for one roll of sugar cookie dough).

3)  Cut up a variety of fruits and decorate your egg!!  I used bananas, mandarin oranges, blueberries, strawberries, and grapes.


Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Happy Home Fairy said...

I am LOVING this! I am trying to do an Egg-themed food party for Easter this year and this will definitely be on the list! Thanks!

March 24, 2011 at 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home