Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Travel Activity Bags for Kids: Part 1

Over the past few years, I've taken quite a few 3-5 hour road trips with the girls, but we are getting ready to embark on our first LONG trip!  Usually, I have a big bag and stuff it full of activities, but I wanted to be a little more organized this time.

Spinning off the idea of learning bags, these are travel activity bags for kids!  Here are five bags I've put together already! 


1)  STICKERS

This bag includes lots of stickers, a notebook, and a pen.  Create a sticker dot-to-dot, illustrate a picture with stickers, or write a sticker story!


2) PIPE CLEANERS

Pipe cleaners have become a staple of our trips.  Challenge your child to make a unique sculpture or form letters, shapes, or numbers.


3)  LACING CARDS

Lacing cards are a favorite.  If you don't want to buy them, they are easy to make with a cereal box and hole punch!  You can also place the cards on a piece of paper and make a dot-to-dot!


4)  TRIVIA GAMES

I picked up these Brain Quest cards at a garage sale.  They have several questions on each card, so it's a great way to get little minds working (plus, it's a sedentary activity for the car)!


5)  MAGFORMERS

We were graciously given these Magformers (they are more than my frugal self would pay, but we do love them so much)! We use them in our learning baskets, but they are also great to build with in the car.  I suggest taking along a magnetic cookie sheet as a tray for them.

I have several more bags to get ready, and I'll share those soon!  I welcome your ideas, so feel free to comment or leave links to your favorite travel activities!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger S Club Mama said...

I love Brain Quest. I wish they'd make adult ones...maybe they do??

June 8, 2011 at 2:09 PM  
Anonymous Kristen said...

Thanks Stacie! I've never heard of magformers before. How fun! I will have to watch garage sales for them.

I give my kids activities bags at each STATE BORDER we cross...after we sing a state border song. (I love traditions!)

Here is what I included in the border bags on our last road trip:

http://www.celebrateeverydaywithme.com/2011/05/border-bags-traveling-with-kids-part.html

June 8, 2011 at 2:12 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

What a great idea- not only for travel, but for dinners out, when your stuck in a doctor's office, etc. I hope you will take a moment to link it up and share it with other's on The Sunday Showcase It is a hop that highlight kid craft, artwork and activities! This would be perfect- hope to see you there!

June 12, 2011 at 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home