Monday, April 18, 2011

Journey to Easter (Day 3): Stained-Glass Cross Craft

On Day 3 of our Journey to Easter, we read about the song The Old Rugged Cross from
Passion Hymns for a Kid's Heart.  While I carefully choose the words, I do not shy away from sharing that Jesus died on the cross.  It all depends on your comfort level -- and your child.  My three-year-old often tells me that "My God died on the cross."  Of course, the story doesn't stop there, but we'll get to that tomorrow! 

I had this plan to make a "stained-glass" cross, but the girls had another idea -- so, I'll share both with you!

1)  Cut a cross from black paper.  Using scraps of paper, cut strips.  Your child can cut across the strips to make squares/rectangles.

2)  Glue squares onto the cross for a "stained glass" look.

Instead of cutting paper, the girls had the idea to use some leftover foam shapes!

"He himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness.  By His wounds you have been healed."  1 Peter 2:24

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home