Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Invent a Constellation

Usborne Spotter's Guide: The Night Sky With Internet LinksThe girls don't get to see the stars very often (they're usually already asleep), but they've had several opportunities recently.  Thankfully, the stars are pretty bright and clear where we live, so I've tried to point out some constellations.  We've also looked through Usborne's The Night Sky Spotter's Guide to see the many different constellations.  Then, we used this activity to invent our own.


You need:
Star stickers
Black paper
White crayon


1.  Place star stickers in random places on a black piece of paper.

2.  Make a constellation by drawing lines to connect the stars.

If you're feeling creative, you could even brainstorm a name for your constellation!

preschool corner

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Esther Asbury said...

LOVE this idea --- and it went right along with our lessons today! We did it this evening and my daughter didn't want to stop! Thanks for all your GREAT ideas!

September 29, 2010 at 5:13 PM  
Blogger EcoMom said...

What a great idea! I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to try it, I've been stocking up on great crafts!

I recently joined MyBlogSpark and the blogging community! I started a MyBlogSpark Facebook group to create a forum for bloggers to share ideas and experiences! I’m a new mom interested in healthy products for my family, conscious parenting, and networking with like minded moms, and I thought you would be interested in joining the group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=107751569267018&ref=ts
Have a great day!

September 30, 2010 at 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home