Monday, November 14, 2011

Gratitude Journal: A New Family Tradition

Last year around Thanksgiving, we made a simple Gratitude Journal from a notebook. This morning, we pulled it out and looked through it.  It was so fun to see what the girls had written about and drawn!




After thinking about it, I decided I really wanted to make this a special keepsake.  At The Relevant Conference, we were given a beautiful bound journal, and I decided it was just perfect to begin a list of things we're thankful for this year.

  • This morning, I had all of the girls finish the sentence, "I am thankful for..." on one of the pages, and then they illustrated it.
  • Tomorrow (and the rest of the days until Thanksgiving), we will make a list of our blessings and record them.  It will be a wonderful reminder of God's faithfulness to us in the years to come!

Looking for more ways to help your kids become more thankful?  See my post on Cultivating Thankfulness in Preschoolers for ideas!

1 Comments:

Blogger Flamingo said...

you know what is funny?? I planned to do the EXACT same thing with my relevant journal!!!! I only plan to do mine on thanksgiving though with all of our family. Genius minds think alike:)

November 14, 2011 at 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home